In addition to the queues (accessible from the homepage), admin users can search records based on any criteria. Only those records which the user is permitted to view appear in the search results. To access the search page, click on Submission Results from the left navigation menu. Initially, the basic search displays. To access more options click on the Advanced link in the search box's upper right hand corner. To Switch back to Basic mode, click on the Basic link in the advanced search box's upper-right hand corner. To submit the query, click the search button with the binoculars icon.
The following describes each of the search form's fields:
- Dates: Each search requires that you supply beginning and end dates for either the date the submissions were initially added to the system or when it was last assigned (or reassigned). If Assigned is selected, note that the initial submission is also the assign date for records that have never been reassigned. You must supply a From and To date before submitting the form and the from date must preceed the To date. These are the only required fields -- all others are optional.
- Records per page: By default, the records display 10 at a time. If you wish to display more, select the desired record count from the dropdownlist.
- Department: All users, including Task Handlers are able to select a department to search. The reason for this is that the user may in fact be a Project Participant in a form project from another department. Nevertheless, only those records for which the user has permission to view will appear in the search results. When the selection is changed, the page is refreshed.
- Forms: To view submission results for a particular form only, select it from the list. When the selection is changed, the page is refreshed. This field is only active when a department is specified.
- Status: When a form is selected that has a custom status set applied to it, the status dropdownlist appears. To limit search results to submissions that currently have a certain status, select the status from this dropdownlist. If the selected form uses the default status set, the Status field does not appear.
- Read Status: Before submitting the form, select either "Read", "Unopened", or both. If neither are checked, no results will be returned. The read status indicates if the currently assigned user has opened the submission yet. If the assigned user opened the submission, but marked it as unread, the read status is set to Unopened.
- Queue Type: Before submitting the form, select either "Personal Queue", "Public Queue", or both. If neither are checked, no results will be returned. The read status indicates if the submission is currently assigned to a specific user (personal queue) or only to a group of users (i.e., a role) -- if no user is specified, the submission is in a Public Queue.
- Assignments: To return submission results that are only currently assigned to certain roles or individuals, select the assigned role or assigned user.
The advanced search consists of the form fields that are given an Intuitive Name in the response details. Fields with long text (such as Editor fields and Text Areas), and file upload fields are not included in the Advanced Search. Enter either exact text or partial text in text fields which you wish to filter by. If the text does not match at least a part of the response in a submission, the submission will not appear in the results page.
When the query is submitted successfully and records exist meeting the specified criteria, search results display in a grid. The first three columns and the last two columns are always present regardless of the type of query submitted:
- Edit Buttons: If you have adequate permissions to edit the record, an active edit button appears in each row; otherwise, each record has a disabled edit button. Click on active edit buttons to edit the form data.
- Read Status: The second column displays an icon indicating whether or not the currently assigned user has viewed the submission. A closed envelope indicates that the item has not been viewed. An open envelope indicates that the item has been read by the current assignee. If the current assignee marked the submission as unread, the envelope appears closed. If the user viewing the submissions is not currently assigned to it, the icon appears faded. Note that by default, query results are first sorted by read status (unopened submissions are at the top of the list), and then sorted in descending order of the activity date. The header icon is clickable. Click on the header icon to reverse the order.
- Activity Date: This column displays the date of the last activity (either received or assigned). The header text is clickable. Click on it to reverse the sort order.
- Status: This displays the current status of each record shown. The header text is clickable. Click on it to sort the results by Status.
- Delete Buttons: If you have adequate permissions to delete the record, an active delete button appears in the row; otherwise, the record has a disabled delete button. Click on active delete buttons to permanently delete the record and all related data including uploaded files and record history.
Two additional auto-generated columns may be present depending on the type of query:
- Department: If a department was not specified in the query, the department column appears to indicate which department the form belongs to. The header text is clickable. Click on it to sort the results by Department name.
- Form: If a department or a form is not specified in the query, the form column appears to indicate which form the submission belongs to. The header text is clickable. Click on it to sort the results by Form Name.
If a form was specified in the query and that form happens to have one or more responses that are to be included in the submission results summary table, the column(s) will appear before the status. No more than a couple responses should be added to this table to avoid forcing admin users to scroll left to right.
To view the submission details of one of the records in the submission results summary table, simply click on either the Activity Date or the Read Status icon.